TopMaster Marine Product Warranty
TopMaster Marine guarantees to repair or replace products that arrive damaged, incorrect or fail due to manufacturing or material error. Our products are covered for 3 years from the date of purchase by this warranty. We handle all your claims personally- if you would like to submit a claim to repair or replace your products, fill out this form and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Polyester fabric products are covered under a 5-year warranty. Sunbrella products also come with a 10-year warranty from the manufacturer, which can be found here. Other warranty claims beyond fabric failure are covered by our 3 year warranty.
These warranties do not apply in instances of intentional abuse, incorrect installation, accidents, negligence, exposure, unusual environmental issues, acts of God, unreasonable use, improper cleaning or normal wear. Any alteration of the product from its original condition from the manufacturer beyond instructed assembly voids this warranty policy.
Please see the care guide and warnings below to ensure that your product remains covered by our warranty for the entirety of its timeline.
Care & Maintenance
- Be sure that cover is tightly secured using all available tie downs. Do not allow to wind whip.
- Do not allow water to stand or puddle in cover.
- Protect cover from sharp windshield or other corners.
- Do not fold or store cover when wet.
- Do not subject cover to tree saps or battery acid.
- Do not clean your cover with bleach or any bleach-containing products.
Warnings- failure to comply will result in voiding warranty.
- Do not exceed 20 MPH without the boot properly installed.
- Never attempt to operate the top while the boat is in motion.
- Never open the top in excessively high winds.
- Never trailer the boat without the boot on in the full down position
All warranty claims will be reviewed by our customer service team as quickly as possible. No warranty claims will be reviewed without photos of the issue. TopMaster Marine reserves the right to deny warranty coverage if there are no photos submitted with the claim.